The conference aims to support the regional exchange of good practices and lessons learned in the field of trafficking in human beings, and to provide ACF Fund Operators and CSOs, and other professionals with useful information and training materials, as well as enhance the cooperation especially between civil society, local and state authorities in the two co-organizing and neighboring countries, namely Greece and Bulgaria.
09:00 – 09:30 Registration & morning coffee
09:30 – 10:00 Welcome Remarks
Official opening from
- Christian Halvorsen, Deputy Head of Mission of the Embassy of Norway in Athens
- Active Citizens Fund Greece, representative, TbA
- Iliyana Nikolova, Executive Director of the Workshop for Civic Initiatives Foundation, Bulgaria
10.00 – 10.30 Keynote Speeches
- Heracles Moskoff, National Rapporteur on Trafficking in Human Beings and Special Secretary for the Protection of Unaccompanied Minors (SSPUAM), Ministry of Migration and Asylum, Greece
- Antoaneta Vasileva, Vice President of Council of Europe’s Group of Experts on Action against Trafficking in Human Beings (GRETA) (ONLINE)
10:30 – 12:30 1st Panel Discussion [Identification & Protection] The protection of victims of THB through analysis of existing protection systems and the application of victim-centered approaches.
- Ildiko Otova (facilitator), Foundation for Access to Rights, Bulgaria
- Daniela Dimitrova, Program Director, Foundation, Bulgaria
- Jun Shirato, Assistant Representative (Protection), UNHCR, Greece
- Hellenic Police, Anti-Trafficking department, Greece (TbC)
- Dimitris Kontoudis, Education Director A21, Greece
- Ada Angelaki, Child Protection Specialist, UNICEF, Greece
12:30 – 13:30 Lunch Break
13:30 – 15:30 2nd Panel Discussion [Prevention] Best practices for prevention and relapsing to trafficking.
- Konstantinos Kolovos (facilitator), DRC Greece, Protection Specialist, Greece
- Diana Dimova, Chairperson, Mission Wings Foundation in Stara Zagora, Bulgaria
- Nadezhda Kozhuharova, leader of anti-trafficking program, Animus Association,
- Vasilis Fragkos, Legal Advisor, Special Secretariat for the Protection of Unaccompanied Minors (SSPUAM) in the Ministry of Migration and Asylum, Greece.
- Fotini Pantopikou, National Protection Coordinator & Tomomi Shinozaki, Protection Officer, IOM Greece
15:30 – 15:45 Coffee Break
15:45 – 17:45 3rd Panel Discussion, Addressing obstacles to victims’ access to justice
- Eirini Vlachou (facilitator), Attorney-at-law, National Referral Mechanism Administrator, Greece
- Dilyana Giteva, Attorney-at-law, Glass Foundation
- Iva Pushkarova, Ass. Professor, Sofia University, Attorney-at-law, writer of “Human Trafficking”, Dignita Foundation
- Angeliki Serafim, Attorney-at-law, Legal Advisor, National Referral Mechanism Administrator, Greece
- Marina Pharmakidi, Attorney-at-law, Diotima Centre, Greece
17:45 – 18:00 Closing remarks
Active Citizen Fund Operator, TbA
The conference is a regional activity jointly organized by the Active Citizens Fund Operators from Greece and Bulgaria. The Active Citizens Fund is supported by Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway as part of the EEA Grants financial mechanism 2014 – 2021.