A. Parties and Terminology
1. The operation of this Website www.accmr.gr (hereinafter: the “Website”) is supported by the Municipality of Athens (hereinafter: the “Organization”).
2. The construction of the website was financed by the International Organization for Migration (IOM), as part of the support it provides jointly with the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) to the Coordination Center of the Municipality of Athens on Immigrants and Refugees issues and aims, on the one hand, to be a platform for hosting and displaying information about the services and the activities organized by Actors, and on the other hand to facilitate in general the support of the users of the Website through tools interconnecting them with other Agencies and individuals.
3. IOM and UNHCR do not necessarily share the positions and opinions of the authors and no endorsement of those positions and opinions can be inferred as a consequence of the support they provided. IOM and UNHCR are not responsible for any use of the information contained on the Website. The support does not imply the expression of any opinion on the part of IOM and UNHCR about the legal status of any country, territory, city or territory or their authorities or about its borders or boundaries.
4. The International Organization for Migration is committed to the principle that humane and orderly conditions for migration benefit migrants and society. As the largest international organization on migration, IOM acts with its partners in the international community with a focus on the safety and dignity of migrants to: address the growing operational challenges to migration management, timely understanding of migration issues, encouraging social and economic development through immigration.
5. UNHCR is an international organization whose main concern is to save lives, protect rights and build a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. UNHCR works to ensure that every person has the right to seek asylum and find safety in another country, having fled violence, persecution, war or destruction at home.
i. “Members”: any association – with or without legal personality – that is active within the geographical boundaries of the Municipality of Athens for the support and integration of immigrants and refugees.
ii. “Individuals”: any individual who registers on the platform to offer free support to Agencies upon respective support requests from the Agencies.
iii. “Service of the Municipality of Athens”: services provided by the Directorates of the Municipality of Athens or by publicly maintained enterprises and Bodies.
iv. “Service”: service provided within the boundaries of the Municipality of Athens or to neighboring Municipalities by the Municipality, NGOs, international organizations, immigrant communities or other Bodies with or without legal form for a sufficient period of time, on a regular and systematic basis, with respect to applicable law and without discrimination based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, religious or other beliefs, disability or chronic condition, age, family or social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics. Services relate to the needs of migrants and refugees such as housing, medical care, legal support, education and learning, and access to the labor market.
v. “Activity”: Invitations to participate in events, training opportunities and other announcements addressed to residents of Athens, organized by Bodies with or without legal form (NGOs, international organizations, immigrant communities, Municipality of Athens), at a specified place and time, with respect and in accordance to applicable law and without discrimination based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, descent, religious or other beliefs, disability or chronic illness, age, family or social status, sexual orientation, gender identity or characteristics.
The management team of the Website has the right to reject the publication of a service or activity on the platform, if it considers that such initiatives are contrary to the current legislation and adopt policies of discrimination on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, descent, religious or other beliefs, disability or chronic condition, age, family or social status, sexual orientation, identity or gender characteristics.
vi. “Support”: The offer or demand for support (in materials, know-how, volunteers, space, etc.) to facilitate the work of the Bodies that are registered members of the ACCMR platform.
In the context of the provision of the above service, the Operator and the Administrators (moderators) may send e-mail messages to users, to the e-mail address they have declared when registering for the services of the Website.
Entities and individuals registered on the Website, by registering a support offer or support request, automatically accept that their contact information (indicative, first name, last name, phone, email) will be sent via automated messages to interested registered Entities to contact them.
Entities and individuals registered on the Website, by declaring that they wish to receive messages through the platform from members requesting or offering support (in material, expertise, volunteers, space, etc.), automatically accept their contact information (indicatively, name, telephone, email) will be shared with Organizations requesting support.
B. General Terms
2. The Operator reserves the right to deny, at its sole discretion, any user access to its Website or any part of it without notice.
3. The Operator reserves the sole right, at its sole discretion, to modify, limit or discontinue the Website without notice and has no obligation to consider the needs of any user in relation thereto.
C. Intellectual Property
1. The Operator provides all material (the “materials”) published on the Website, including but not limited to texts, documents, logos, drawings, visual material, photographs and videos, for informational purposes only.
2. The Entity reserves the right to claim ownership of the information gathered on the Website. The materials may be viewed, downloaded and printed for personal, non-commercial use only, without any right to sell, resell, redistribute or create derivative works from them.
3. With the notable exception of information media, any other use, including export, translation, reproduction and distribution, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, requires the express prior written permission of the Operator.
4. Permission to use materials that do not belong to a Member must be requested from the copyright holder. The Operator does not own the photos and videos displayed on this Website by users. For that material for which it does not hold the copyright, the user shall obtain permission from the copyright holders to display that material on this Website.
5. Videos may be viewed, reproduced and/or transmitted freely without the right to sell or charge for their use, unless otherwise specified.
6. Press Releases and newsletters may be freely reproduced without the right to sell or charge for their use, provided that the Website is specifically and clearly identified as the source of the materials.
7. The Site should be credited as a source unless otherwise noted. The user must include the URL of the material, as well as the following reference: © Athens Coordination Center for Migrant and Refugee issues.
8. Reference to the Website as the source of the materials must not be made in any way that could indirectly or explicitly support or imply endorsement/sponsorship by the Agency or cooperation with the Agency and the other Agencies that make up the ACCMR network.
9. Other Sites may link to the Site without seeking its permission. However, such links must clearly identify the Site as the source of the information displayed and preserve the integrity of its web pages without alteration.
D. Responsibility of the Agency for the content
1. The Website may contain and advice, opinions and statements of various information and content providers. The Operator does not represent or endorse the accuracy or reliability of any advice, opinion, statement, or other information provided by any information provider or content provider, any user of the Website or any other person or entity. Reliance on any such opinion, advice, statement, or other information is at the user’s own risk.
2. The Operator does not necessarily endorse policies and beliefs of organizations and individuals appearing in material on the Website.
3. While the Operator makes every effort to ensure that the material available on its websites is free from software viruses, it cannot guarantee that the material is free from any or all software viruses. The Operator is not responsible for any loss or damage caused by software and related codes, including viruses and “Trojan horses”.
4. The Operator in every way tries to provide through the Website, or other websites owned or operated under its supervision and which are connected to the Website, accurate, complete, valid, reliable and up-to-date information. Although care has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information presented based on the sources used and, where applicable, to describe generally accepted practices, the Operator and their licensors, creators, editors, reviewers, contributors and publishers are not responsible for errors, omissions or for the consequences of the application of said information and do not provide any warranty, express or implied, regarding the up-to-dateness, completeness, usefulness or accuracy of the contents of the Website.
5. The Website allows users to post content and generally provide information. The Operator cannot guarantee that other users will not post material on the Website, which may be considered inappropriate by the parents or guardians of the children or by any third party. It is the Carrier’s policy not to pre-screen material or information provided by any user. The Operator bears no responsibility for any access via the Website or the internet to information, goods and services that are contrary to the law, good morals or are inappropriate or inappropriate for certain categories of persons and in particular for minors.
6. The Website may contain links to websites owned or operated under the supervision of third parties other than the Agency. These links are provided for the convenience of the user only. The Operator does not control and is not responsible for the operation, content, privacy policies they follow or the security of these sites. For example, the Operator is not responsible if third-party websites violate third-party rights, are not secure or are inaccurate, incomplete or misleading, contain viruses or other programs of a destructive nature.
7. The Operator does not endorse the content or information contained in these sites and is not associated with the administrators of these sites. If the user connects to these sites, he bears the sole risk of such connection and access, without any involvement of the Operator.
8. If the user considers that a part of the Website infringes in any way his rights or the rights of third parties, and in particular, if he finds that illegal or inaccurate content has been posted, he can send a relevant email to [email protected], specifying precisely the section that it considers offensive, illegal or inaccurate and the reasons supporting its claim. If the Operator receives a specific and certain notice of illegal content, and, in such case, as long as the notice is proven to be true, it will remove such content.
9. The display and use of boundaries, geographical names and related data, appearing on maps and included in lists, tables, documents and databases on the Website are not guaranteed to be error-free or imply judgment of the legal status of any territory or any approval or acceptance of such limits by the Operator and the Operators – members of the network.
E. Use of Website
3. Members are registered by completing their details in the relevant fields of the Website. A verification code is then sent to the e-mail address they have declared. The members are obliged to notify the Operator immediately, whenever it comes to their attention, of any use of their password by a third party without the beneficiary’s permission or any other violation of their account. At the same time, they must ensure their exit from their account at the end of each use of the Website.
4. The Members are fully responsible for the accuracy of the information they list regarding the services and activities they post, as well as for the outcome of these Services and Activities. The Operator only provides the platform for posting the data on behalf of the users, without bearing any responsibility for the accuracy of the data or for the smooth operation of the Services and Activities.
5. Users have the right to use the services provided through the Website exclusively and solely for: a) promoting the non-profit activities of the Organizations with and b) being informed about the said activities.
8. The Operator reserves the right to use the content uploaded by users freely and without any other wording, for the purposes of promoting the Website.
9. Users, i.e. natural or legal persons, citizens, actors and companies, accept and agree that they will make lawful use of the Website. F.e, users undertake that, by using the Website:
i. they will not act in a way that prevents and/or makes impossible the smooth and/or legal use of the Website and other websites connected to it by other users,
ii. they will not act in a way that infringes the intellectual or industrial property rights of the Operator or third parties,
iii. will not act in such a way as to mislead any third party as to the origin of the content of the Website and/or damage in any way the reputation of the Operator,
iv. will not install, promote and/or transmit in any way through the Site digital viruses and/or any other type of harmful or destructive files and/or programs designed to destroy or limit the operation of any software or telecommunications equipment or prevent other users from use the Website,
v. they will not install or promote in any way unsolicited or not expressly approved by the Operator advertising messages in any form, unsolicited electronic messages (spam) and in general they will not promote unwanted information in any way,
vi. they will not “upload” or transmit in any way material and information that they are not entitled to disclose by virtue of provisions of the law or private agreements (e.g. confidential information),
vii. they will not act in a way that infringes any rights or the personality of third parties and in particular in a way that harms a minor,
viii. will not interfere with or endanger the security or otherwise cause damage to the Website, any information or element (e.g. documents, files, texts, graphics) contained therein, its source codes software that constitutes it, on the server where it is hosted and/or on networks connected to or accessible through the Website or other websites connected to it,
x. will not take any action that would constitute or encourage conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any law;
xi. will not post or transmit any material that is threatening, untrue, misleading, offensive, defamatory, vulgar, immoral, scandalous, illegal, pornographic or blasphemous. The Operator will fully cooperate with all law enforcement authorities and fully comply with any court order requesting or ordering the disclosure of the identity of any person posting or transmitting such information and material;
xii. will not collect e-mail addresses or other user information from the Site by electronic or other means and purpose make unsolicited commercial or other communications with them;
xiii. will not “upload”, transmit, store or make publicly available in any way photos of third parties without their consent, and
xiv. will inform the Operator as soon as they become aware of any illegal or prohibited use of the Website by third parties.
F. Website Misuse Reporting Procedure
2. The Operator has no preventive responsibility for the content of the Website, nor an obligation to actively search for any inaccurate information or other cases of misuse of the Website. However, once he receives a report of misuse of the Website, he has the obligation to examine the problem and, where appropriate, take measures to restore it, as long as it is practically possible.
3. The report of misuse of the Website must contain clear details of the problem and in particular to indicate the exact webpage on which it occurs. Anonymous reports will not be considered.
4. In the event that the Operator finds a significant number of valid reports against a user of the Website, it reserves the right to delete the user’s account.
5. Compliance with the above procedure is a binding contractual condition before any further action before a public authority or court and this preliminary procedure concerns both ordinary users and users – representatives of Actors, who by entering the Website accept its binding nature.
G. Deleting a User Account
2. The user who wishes to delete his account, sends a relevant email to [email protected] with the subject “Account deletion” from the email he has registered during registration and the moderators delete the account within three (3) business days.
H. Availability and Security
1. The Operator has no obligation to provide the Website, and may change its form and nature at any time at its own discretion with or without notice.
2. The Operator makes every reasonable effort for the maintenance and availability of the Website. The user, however, acknowledges that the availability of the Website may be affected by users’ equipment, by other communications networks, by the availability of third-party access providers, by the large number of people trying to use the Website at the same time, or by other causes. For these reasons, the user agrees that the Operator will not bear any responsibility for the shutdown or non-smooth operation of the Website.
3. The user agrees and accepts that the Operator may modify and/or temporarily or permanently interrupt the operation of all or part of the Website with and/or without warning to the users. For this reason, the Operator does not bear any responsibility for any kind of damage due to the shutdown or non-smooth operation of the Website or the inability of users to access it, the cessation of all or parts of it, delay, non-delivery, interruption or poor reception quality of its services or the loss of its content or the existence of any kind of errors.
4. In any case, the Operator reserves the right at any time to temporarily or permanently stop the operation of all or part of the Website for reasons of maintenance or upgrading or for reasons of forced nature or for any reason, without any further liability.
5. The Operator is neither obliged nor guarantees that the Website will be compatible with each user’s computer, hardware and software. Also, the Operator does not guarantee that any future updates to the Site will be compatible with any equipment or software versions or applications (including future versions or updates of the telephone, tablet, computer or operating system) or provide the same functionality provided now.
6. To report potential problems with the Website, the user can contact the Support Office at [email protected]
7. The user acknowledges and agrees that the Operator has nothing to do with the provision of internet connection services and the user remains solely responsible for paying all relevant debts to the relevant service providers and paying the relevant fees to ensure his access to the internet. In addition, it is the responsibility of each user to have all the necessary equipment to connect to the Internet. The user’s use of the Website will be in accordance with all requirements of the wireless carrier, internet service provider or other method of internet access.
I. Limitation of Liability
1. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the Operator, its suppliers and licensors shall have no liability whatsoever to the user or any third party for any direct, indirect, consequential or consequential damages (including, without limitation, loss of data , lost profits or business interruption), due to or in connection with: (i) the use of the Site by a registered user or any third party (ii) the cost of recovering data, information or replacement software (iii) unauthorized access or modification or loss of user data (iv) any other matter relating to the Website or its use; The user is solely responsible for any and all decisions regarding the use of the Site to enter personal data.
2. Any material or content downloaded through the use of the Site is at the discretion of the user and such download is at his own risk and the user bears sole responsibility for any damage to his computer system or loss of data resulting from the download such content or material.
3. The above limitations of liability do not apply in case of damage which is demonstrably due to acts or omissions of the Agency due to fraud or gross negligence.
1. Users can browse the Website without revealing personal information.
2. The Operator does not intend to solicit or collect personal information from anyone under the age of 12. Persons under the age of 12 should not use or enter information on the Website.
3. The Website platform supports the promotion of the services and activities implemented by Members and therefore does not aim to collect data concerning natural persons (“personal data”). However, the Operator may process any personal data that is necessary for the provision of its services as well as what the interested parties post on the internet through its services, such as – the name, surname, telephone number, and email of stakeholders.
4. Any processing of personal data is carried out exclusively and only by persons who are under the control of the Operator and exclusively for the purpose described above. To carry out the processing, the Operator has selected persons with corresponding professional qualifications who provide sufficient guarantees in terms of technical knowledge and personal integrity for the observance of confidentiality. The Operator has taken the appropriate organizational and technical measures for the security of the data and its protection against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of unlawful processing. These measures ensure a level of security commensurate with the risks involved in the processing and the nature of the data being processed. The Operator does not intend to transmit or share personal data with third parties.
5. Exceptionally, the Operator may transmit and/or share data with third parties, for the purposes of compliance with its legal obligation or if this is imposed by judicial or other regulatory authorities.
6. The Operator may transmit and/or share data on the Website www.refugee.info, and in particular – indicative and not limited to – the name, surname, telephone number and e-mail address of the contact representatives of the companies and actors, who register on the Website platform to upload information about their services/activities, and who during the service registration stage, choose to share the information with representatives of www.refugee.info. Since the services are implemented by Actors , therefore it is considered that there is no collection of data concerning natural persons (“personal data”).
8. If you choose to contact the Website using a contact form or email link, none of the data you provide will be stored on our website or transferred to or processed by third party data processors. Instead, this data will be sent to us via a Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP). Our SMTP servers are protected by a TLS (also known as SSL) security protocol, which means that email content is encrypted before it is sent over the Internet. Email content is decrypted by our local computers and devices.
9. If you choose to subscribe to our newsletter, the email address you submit will be forwarded to Mailchimp which manages our email marketing services. Mailchimp is a third party data processor. Your email address will remain in the Mailchimp database and available to us for as long as we continue to use our email marketing services or until you expressly request to be removed from our mailing list. You can do this by using the unsubscribe link contained in all email newsletters we send you. As long as your email address remains in the Mailchimp database, you will periodically receive
e-mail newsletters from us.
10. The Operator does not sell, distribute or rent personal information collected on its Websites.
11. The Website implements a number of technologies and security measures, such as encryption and/or authentication tools, in order to protect information held on the Website’s systems from misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration or loss.
12. Although the Operator implements reasonable means to ensure that the information you provide is not used by third parties for purposes other than those for which it was provided, the Operator cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will never be able to breach the security measures or use your personal information for inappropriate purposes. You should be aware that no transmission of information over the Internet is ever completely secure. Therefore, transmission is at your own risk.
13. While the Operator has a strong interest in the integrity of its online service providers, particularly with regard to their reliability and the protection of personal and credit card information, it makes no guarantees and specifically disclaims any liability in relation to their services. The Operator further disclaims all responsibility, of any nature, for any loss or damage and in any way that may be caused, in relation to the use of all the services provided through the Website.
K. Online Service Providers
1. The Operator relies on online service providers to provide services such as hosting services, Website traffic analysis, e-newsletters, online surveys, etc.
2. The Operator monitors general trends in the use of its website. The Operator uses the information to create statistics and measure the activity of the website in order to improve its usefulness. This information is never linked to any personal information you provide to the Operator.
3. Like most Websites, this Website uses Google Analytics (GA) to track user activity. We use this data to determine the number of visitors and to better understand how they find and use our website. Although GA records data such as geographic location, device, web browser and operating system, none of this information identifies the user. GA also records the IP address of the user’s computer, which could be used to identify the user, but Google does not provide access to it.
5. You are free to reject cookies if your browser allows it, although in this case you may not be able to use certain functions on the Website and you may be asked to re-enter information more often to use certain services of the Website.
L. Update on personal data
1. Everyone has the right to know whether personal data concerning him is or has been the subject of processing. Specifically, the data subject has the right to request and receive from the data controller, without delay and in an understandable and clear manner, the following information:
i. All personal data concerning it, as well as its origin.
ii. The purposes of the processing, the recipients, or categories of recipients.
iii. The progress of the processing for the period since its previous update.
iv. The logic of the automated processing, the correction, deletion or blocking (locking) of the data whose processing is not in accordance with the provisions of Law 2472/1997, in particular due to the incomplete or inaccurate nature of the data, and
v. the notification to third parties, to whom the data has been communicated, of any correction, deletion, or blocking (locking) carried out according to the case, as long as this is not impossible or does not require disproportionate efforts.
2. The Operator responds to access requests within fifteen (15) days, in accordance with the provisions of article 12 of Law 2472/1997.
3. The data subject has the right to object at any time to the processing of data concerning him. Objections are addressed to the Operator in writing by email and must contain proof of the identity of the requester, as well as a request for a specific action, such as correction, temporary non-use, blocking, non-transmission or deletion.
4. The Operator responds in writing to the objections within an exclusive period of fifteen (15) days. In his reply, he informs the subject of the actions he took or, possibly, of the reasons he did not satisfy the request. The response in case of rejection of the objections is communicated by the Operator to the Personal Data Protection Authority.
5. In order to exercise his rights, the data subject or his legal representative should submit a specific request to the Operator via e-mail at the following address: [email protected], stating his identity (providing relevant evidence from a public authority) and his contact information (telephone, email address, residential address).
M. Applicable Law and Procedure for Attempted Out-of-Court Resolution
1. For any dispute arising from the usage of the services or for any other reason between the user and the Agency, Greek law is applicable and the courts of Athens are competent.
X. Complete agreement – divisibility
1. For any question, information, query, clarification related to the Website and/or submitting a complaint, users can contact the address: [email protected] The Operator attempts to respond to e-mails sent to e-mail addresses listed on the Site. However, it is under no obligation whatsoever to respond to each or all of the messages.
Q. YOUR RIGHTS
1. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Accmr.gr aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete or restrict the use of your Personal Data.
2. If you wish to be informed about the personal data we hold about you and if you want it removed from our systems, please contact us.
3. In some cases, you have the following data protection rights:
· The right to access, update or delete the information we hold about you.
· The right of rectification. You have the right to correct your information if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
· The right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Data.
· The right to limitation. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data.
· The right to data portability. You have the right to have a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
· The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time when espa.com.gr has relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to these requests.
4. You have the right to complain to the Authority Data Protection regarding the collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).