Every day, people who find it difficult to buy their own medicines are forced to look for municipal social pharmacies or non-profit organizations if their medicines are available. Through the MEDforU service, we strive to put an end to this time-consuming process by immediately informing everyone about the availability of their medicines.
For citizens with access to mobile devices or computers, we developed the MEDforU application (medforu.org). Through it, they search for the medicines they need, they see availability in social pharmacies and the appropriate documentation they need in order to pick them up. Furthermore, the application is available in Greek, English, Arabic, Farsi and French, to serve the refugee population as well.
The same procedure is followed by telephone with our team on 210 3007 222, for citizens who do not have access to technological facilities.
The user can state his medication needs, based on a prescription he already has, in two ways:
- Trade name
- Active substance and concentration
When he/she has completed registering all the needs, by clicking on "Complete Order" he can see the social pharmacies where the needed medicines are available. The application, based on the needs that the user has registered, immediately and automatically recommends social pharmacies in which he can receive the medication he requested with specific documentation. Specifically, the user sees a list of all social pharmacies and by clicking on one of them he / she sees:
- Social pharmacy details (name, address, telephone, opening hours)
- Necessary supporting documents for taking medicines
- Details of medicines available (medicinal product name, active substance, quantity available, expiry date)
Για ελληνικά ακολουθήστε τον σύνδεσμο
Access to service and referral procedure info
* It is suggested that an NGO official (eg Commissioner, social worker) call the social pharmacy that has the medicines available to confirm their availability and coordinate their delivery process (either by the NGO manager or himself) the beneficiary). The user must create their profile using their email.