See here for changes in the City of Athens service program as part of its public health protection measures against coronavirus.
The Migrant Integration Centre (KEM) of the City of Athens functions as a local point of reference for the provision of specialized services - psychosocial support, legal counseling and information on social rights- to third country nationals (migrants and refugees) in order to improve living standards, access to labor market and social integration of the respective populations.
The specialized services provided at KEM are as follows:
- Psychosocial support / Counseling.
- Legal advice.
- Submitting applications for social benefits, such as: Social Solidarity Income (KEA), rent allowance, disability allowances, etc.
- Provision of information / Support in relation to administrative procedures, VAT number, OAED card and other documents.
- Application for housing of asylum seekers.
- Issuance of a Provisional Social Security Registration Number (PAMKA) for the implementation of the vaccination against COVID-19.
- Networking - Referrals to competent structures, services, bodies according to the requests.
The services of the Migrant Integration Center (KEM) of the City of Athens, on the ground floor of Mezonos and Psaron in Metaxourgio, operate only by appointment, observing the necessary protection measures. KEM is open to the public Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm and you can book an appointment by calling 2132082998
Social inclusion actions for adults:
1. Greek language courses for beginners and Greek language courses and elements of Greek history and Greek culture preparing for Greek language certification exams.
2. English language courses for beginners and intermediate students as well as preparation for English language certification exams (A2),
3.Computer courses and preparation for the basic computer skills certification exams (Windows, Word, Excel and Internet), 4. Individual professional counseling sessions.
Ιntercultural activities emphasizing on the organization of theatrical and other artistic activities aimed at children and youth of refugee origin, citizens from third countries and Greeks.
To make an appointment for Vocational Counselling either call 210 5249704 (Monday and Thursday, 8am-2pm) or visit the relevant office of KEM (Mezonos 45, 3rd floor).
The applications for Greek, English, and computer courses for adults take place every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm on the 4th floor of KEM (Mezonos 45, Metaxourgio). For more information please call 210 5246722or email at [email protected] .
Applications are made all year round and a waiting list is kept. Note: A photocopy of a legal document is required to enroll in a course.
Preparatory seminars for the examinations for acquiring Greek citizenship The award-winning Greek writer Soti Triantafyllou, the Theater of Changes, and other collaborators voluntarily offer to refugees and immigrants, in the framework of their cooperation with the Municipality of Athens and the KEM, preparatory seminars for the exams for the acquisition of Greek citizenship.
The seminars for the preparation for the competence and skills certificate and the acquisition of citizenship through naturalization are offered free of charge and are conducted online in two-hour weekly courses (at least 20).
Applications for the preparatory seminars for the examinations for acquiring Greek citizenship are made electronically all year round and a waiting list is kept. Those interested in participating in the seminars can send an email to [email protected] to obtain the application.
KEM is part of the Community Centres.The activities of KEM are implemented with the co-funding of the European Social Fund-National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) 2014-2020.
Για Ελληνικά ακολουθήστε τον σύνδεσμο.
Access to service and referral procedure info
For further information please contact us at [email protected]