See here for changes in the City of Athens service program as part of its public health protection measures against coronavirus.
The Migrant Integration Centre (KEM) of the City of Athens functions as a local point of reference for the provision of specialized services - psychosocial support, legal counseling and information on social rights- to third country nationals (migrants and refugees) in order to improve living standards, access to labor market and social integration of the respective populations.
The specialized services provided at KEM are as follows:
- Provision of information / Support in relation to administrative procedures (for example in relation to issuance of AMKA, VAT, OAED card, etc)
- Psychosocial support / Counseling
- Legal counseling
- Submission of applications for social benefits, such as: Social Solidarity Income (KEA), rent allowance, disability allowances etc
- Networking- Referral of requests to appropriate organizations and services
Social inclusion actions for adults:
1. Greek language courses for beginners and Greek language courses and elements of Greek history and Greek culture preparing for Greek language certification exams.
2. English language courses for beginners and advanced learners.
3.Computer courses and preparation for the basic computer skills certification exams (Windows, Word, Excel and Internet), 4. Individual professional counseling sessions.
Social integration actions are free and interested parties can apply for the services they want at KEM (Mezonos 45 and Psaron, Metaxourgio ,ground floor) from 9:00 to 13:00 (No appointment is required).
Ιntercultural activities emphasizing on the organization of theatrical and other artistic activities aimed at children and youth of refugee origin, citizens from third countries and Greeks.
KEM is part of the Community Centres.The activities of KEM are implemented with the co-funding of the European Social Fund-National Strategic Reference Framework (NSRF) 2014-2020.
Για Ελληνικά ακολουθήστε τον σύνδεσμο.
Access to service and referral procedure info
For further information please contact us at [email protected]