Τhe Greek Council for Refugees (GCR) has been operating an employment office since 2000, helping hundreds of newly arrived and recognized refugees to make the transition to the job market and find paid employment. This service has been upgraded since August 2018 and was renamed to “Cosmos Employment Hub – STEP Greece”, a project supported by World Jewish Relief.
Our primary goal is to support refugees who search for employment in order for them to be adequately prepared to find their first job in Greece.
The Greek Council for Refugees has been addressing the issue of refugee unemployment by creating collaborations with a significant number of Greek employers and local businesses and by focusing on matching employees with a refugee profile to specific professional fields, such as: cleaning services, tourism and hospitality, construction and technical companies, interpretation services, agriculture and IT.
The Greek Council for Refugees’ productive collaboration with a network of Greek companies and employers allows the organization to make referrals to our employers-partners, guide and offer educational support to refugee job-seekers while helping them to overcome the obstacles they face due to lack of networking opportunities.
The actions of Cosmos Employment Hub – STEP Greece include:
- Investigates the profiles of unemployed refugees, their needs as well as the obstacles they face in entering the job market and motivates them to define their professional targets.
- Provides counseling services (Counseling on professional orientation, Job seeking counseling and Business Initiative Counseling) for the integration/reintegration of refugees into the job market.
- Supports refugees in creating a CV & Cover Letter as well as a Linkedin profile.
- Registers unemployed refugees in a specially developed platform.
- Connects unemployed refugees with job vacancies.
- Follows our beneficiaries’ course both during the job-seeking process as well as during their job placement.
- Refers them for free Greek and English language courses in GCR’s Intercultural Center PYXIDA.
- Organizes a week-long intensive seminar entitled “Working in Greece” for selected beneficiaries in order to boost their job seeking, with tutorials by experts on crucial topics regarding employment
- Collaborates with private sector institutions and organizations, aiming at effectively connecting GCR with the job market and the local community.
- Makes referrals to offered job positions and escorts refugees to interviews, while supporting them in their job placement.
Για ελληνικά ακολουθήστε τον σύνδεσμο.
Access to service and referral procedure info
Access to the employment office is by appointment.