For Greek, click here.
The list will be updated based on new information as the situation evolves. Ressources are compiled by the National Communicating with Communities Working Group coordinated by UNHCR and Solidariry Now, as well as by the Working Committees of ACCMR.
Given the increased concern over the coronavirus, you can find useful information for community workers and beneficiaries.
Regular updates may also be referenced on the websites of the responsible bodies below:
- National Public Health Organization: https://eody.gov.gr/en/
- General Secretariat for Civil Protection: https://www.civilprotection.gr/en
- Ministry of Health: https://www.moh.gov.gr/
- Menoume Spiti Facebook page: @menoumespiti.official
- World Health Organization: https://www.who.int/
- In addition, in the following link you will find information material in 22 languages, created by theNational Communicating with Communities Working Group ( coordinated by UNHCR and Solidariry Now): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/folders/1Y8JO-d8EHRrGXQCf2hRBNjBXY6pePgfV
A. INFORMATION MATERIAL & ADVICE FOR PROTECTION AND PREVENTION
- In the following link you will find information and advice provided by the General Secretariat for Civil Protection, which can be used to inform all beneficiaries on the basic protection measures to be undertaken, as well as on the need to remain calm and avoid spreading panic and misinformation. The basic information provided by the General Secretariat for Civil Protection, in 6 different languages [English, French, Russian, Albanian, Arabic and Farsi (Persian)] is also available online here: https://www.civilprotection.gr/el/simantika-themata/se-exi-glosses-i-enimerosi-tis-genikis-grammateias-politikis-prostasias-me-odigies. FAQs: www.civilprotection.gr/sites/default/gscp_uploads/media_root/coronoiosfaqinside.pdf
- Hot line for information (in Greek):
- The Menoume Spiti Facebook page with all animated videos and graphics is available here: https://www.facebook.com/menoumespiti.official/
- In addition here you can find public safety advice (in English & Greek), by the EODY (National Public Health Organisation).
- Q & As about COVID-19 by IOM Greece, in Arabic, English, Farsi, French, Somali, Sorani, Urdu. For more info, click here.
- You may also find visual material provided by the World Health Organization (WHO) at www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019, including information in many languages.
- WHO has launched a dedicated messaging services in Arabic, English, French and Spanish with partners WhatsApp and Facebook to keep people safe from coronavirus. This easy-to-use messaging service has the potential to reach 2 billion people and enables WHO to get information directly into the hands of the people that need it. See here.
- Athens 9.84 Radio Station provides information on coronavirus in many foreign languages in addition to Greek, including English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, Russian, Arabic and Chinese, Afghan and Pakistani. You can find and download podcasts on athens 9.84 webpage (on the right sliders). Click here.
- Solidarity Now in cooperation with pod.gr, the Greek podcast platform, is launching a series of short podcasts in 4 languages (Arabic, Farsi, English, French), under the title “FAQs for Migrants – Spread the News, Not the Virus”. See here.
- Here you can find a tool (under social stigma) created by the Regional Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) Working Group (an inter-agency coordination platform established to provide technical support on risk communication and community engagement to novel coronavirus outbreak (known as COVID-19) preparedness and response in Asia and the Pacific. This Working Group consists of RCCE experts and specialists from a wide range of organizations including UN agencies, Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, INGOs, NGOs from the region.
- Q & A Guide for legal issues due to emergency measures for COVID-19 in English, French, Greek, Farsi, Arabic: https://caritas.gr/en/other-news-en/q-amp-a-guide-for-legal-issues-due/?fbclid=IwAR1UADaARL5yXp7KTvFsdqAYdQFFaRv1oXVTr9qacGINPKALfc_8v5MTyw8
- Q & A Guide for the Unemployed and Employees - Caritas Hellas' Job Counsellors respond to your questions (EN, FR,AR,FAR): https://caritas.gr/en/other-news-en/q-amp-a-for-the-unemployed-and-employees/
- Coronavirus disease pandemic: Advice for the public in six languages by MdM: https://mdmgreece.gr/pandimia-tou-koronaiou-simvoules-gia-kino-se-exi-glosses/
In the attached docs below, you can find:
- An announcement (in two versions -an one page and a longer one) on addressing Domestic Violence during the pandemic quarantine by the World Health Organization, in collaboration with the Human Reproduction Programme and the Research for Impact as shared by the SGBV working Group.
- Unicef messaging to parents and a compilation of child-friendly/parents messaging on information for the Coronavirus in several languages.
- IFRC info on social stigma & engaging with communities.
B. COROVIRUS LOCKDOWN RELATED INFO
- Generation 2.0 instructions on how to move around due to the coronavirus in English, French, Farsi and English accessible here: https://bit.ly/2QN1oYc
- DRC and Panhellenic Association of Professional Translators Graduates of the Ionian University updated guidance on the curfew measures and relevant forms announced shared by the Greek Government (effective as of 23 March) : English, ES, GE, including bilingual certificates/forms(A and B) for each language. Other languages are being updated progressively: https://bit.ly/2JiTUIj
- Solidarity Now is sharing videos in various languages with instructions on how to obtain the text/permit to leave the house (SN’s website): https://www.solidaritynow.org/en/exit/ as well as nationawide lockdown announcement in FA,AR,EN,FR: www.solidaritynow.org/en/lockdown/?fbclid=IwAR1SdqqaZWo8TILRZi2SW0PqEfhcrQV3kBO2gEo5LgkjYV0ColgDjoKWNkY
- In addition, Mobile Info Team has created a post about the restriction of movement, including a detailed instruction about how to get the permission to exceptionally leave the house via SMS. Find the FB links in the following languages below.
English/French version: https://www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam/posts/2709783809250331
Arabic version: https://www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam/posts/2709788532583192
Farsi version: https://www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam/posts/2709807049248007
Urdu version: https://www.facebook.com/mobileinfoteam/posts/2709798872582158
- Lockdown movement permit – Instructions for all Individuals in various languages by MdM: https://mdmgreece.gr/odigies-metakinisis-pros-tous-polites-kata-tin-periodo-tis-karantinas-se-diafores-glosses/https://mdmgreece.gr/odigies-metakinisis-pros-tous-polites-kata-tin-periodo-tis-karantinas-se-diafores-glosses/
In the attched files below you can also find IOM one-pager PDF on the lockdown effective as of 23rd of March in the following languages: AR, EN,FR, GR,SOM,SOR,UR,FA.
For an ongoing mapping regarding available services in Athens, including information services, please click here.
WHO_DOMESTIC VIOLENCE_COVID19_march 2020.pdf
WHO_DOMESTIC VIOLENCE_COVID19_march 2020_one page.pdf
UNICEF_REVISED Matrix Coronavirus Child Friendly Materials Links.pdf
IFRC - Social Stigma associated with COVID-19.pdf
IFRC - Engaging with Communities on Coronavirus and COVID-19.pdf